A Year Off

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Across the Atlantic

Flying Across Canada

Yesterday I flew across the Atlantic from Glasgow in Scotland to Dallas in the US. Really good flights, all during the day so could see a lot of the land as we flew over it. I love the system on the plane where you can track your progress, so I identified, Lake Huron, Chicago and the hills of Arkansas where my sister and I visited a couple of years ago. The temperature in Dallas when we landed was a rather warm 100˚F (37˚C). It’s about 10 degrees higher than it usually is at this time of year, and about 40 higher than Scotland!!

My sister met my flight and took me to her home. The house is lovely and in a great location, I woke to a lovely birdsong this morning – some kind of tit I think, and a woodpecker. Hummingbirds feed at the porch and there are butterflies.

4 Comments:

  • You forgot to mention that with 24 hours of arriving in Texas you had your first margarita.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:08 pm BST  

  • Hope you won't be getting a bit wet after all this talk of high temperatures. You're far enough north I hope?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 pm BST  

  • Hi Alison,

    Temp is a cool 95 at the moment, the hurricane should be East of us, and we're far enough inland, but might get wet.

    By Blogger Shirley Grant, at 10:50 pm BST  

  • Well it's a chilly 6 degrees here in Glasgow so you've definately picked the right time to hop off. Here's the weather forecast just to make you homesick (or not). Have a good time in Texas.

    By Blogger Allan Ogg, at 11:40 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home