A Year Off

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pelorus Bridge Trails

Pelorus Bridge
Helen suggested the walk and loaned me her car to get to the start. The sky looked none too promising as I set out from Blenheim and it rained as I got close to the hills but it got nicer as I reached the coast at Havelock. There were several tracks to choose from, the Tawa and waterfall looked the best. Immediately I knew that it was a good choice, the forest reminded me of why I like New Zealand so much, the tree ferns, marble trees, huge tall trees whose name I need to find out. The canopy is so luxurious and wonderful.
Pink
The tracks were very good, the waterfalls suffered a little from too little water – even though we have had a fair bit of rain.

Back to the café at the car park for lunch and coffee. Then an up and down, round and round drive back along the Queen Charlotte Drive to Picton and home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home